With lockdown easing across the globe and the #saveyourclips movement it’s safe to say there were some really awesome videos that came out in May 2020. See below for my top 10.
1. The first one in the Top 10 is Breach‘s- What Parkour looks like during lockdown video. The editing on it was ace and I loved the smooth transitions. In addition to this, it showcased so many athletes from all around the world. It was easily one of my favourite videos of May 2020.
2. Secondly, the Parkour Showreel filmed and edited by Daniel Hempenstall showcasing his parkour projects as a camera operator. Daniel is the man behind the cam and has slowly been building up quite the repertoire in the Parkour Community over these last couple of years. With his clean shots and beautiful edits, he’s finally done a showreel of his best Parkour camera footage and it is stunning.
3. Storror is all back together! After a couple of months of being separated, it was awesome to see them all back together. I loved the first group challenge and it was nice to see the process behind it too. Toby’s cat-pass was mental and the rooftop line was a thing of beauty.
4. Loving the flow of this video, the fluidity of the movement and it certainly does make me want to buy some Squadron merch. It was such a nice edit and I really like the fact they showed the bloopers/ fails at the end of the video.
5. I was looking forward to seeing Isolate part 2. Again like Isolate 1 the filming was on point and location was beautiful. It was nice to see Johnson make that standing jump that he didn’t manage to get last time as well.
6. Parkour Displine’s Andre and Yannick headed out to Barcelona and took some lovely shots of their trip and of their training. There’s some really awesome looking spots that they train in and some stunning landscape shots.
7. Team PHAT headed out into LEAP Parkour Park and the deserted streets of London to do what they do best. Parkour. These guys headed to a couple well known London spots which are normally swarming with people to do some interesting lines and jumps which to be honest would normally be quite difficult to get done with the hoards of passersby that is usual for those spots.
8. Renae Dambly is one heck of an athlete, and looking at her February training video that she put out in May, it shows. With the #saveyourclips movement sweeping the parkour world many athletes are showcasing footage that they have stored from previous training sessions. It will be nice to see what videos Renae will showcase in June.
9. This was a fun little video compilation from Dominic Di Tommaso, that he created for becoming a year older. It shows many parkour challenges that he has done and completed over the years. It’s a good watch and some of the parkour is Domtastic.
10. Last but not least is Harrison Fernandez, who showcases his powerful movement and fat jumps in this video compilation. I look forward to seeing what he will do next.
I hope you enjoyed the videos and as the lockdown eases even more in June, I’ll be looking forward to what this coming month has to offer in terms of videos! Keep training hard and keep safe.
- Breach – What Parkour looks like during lockdown: https://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisIlabaca
- Dornaden – Daniel Hempenstall // Parkour Showreel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCohOlcjsVG94ecDPjsxmpgg
- STORROR – Back to Work:
- Sqvadron Projects – Thread Count: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEzpqRA2xwcoOoz8Sh5ZYgA
- The Motus Projects – Isolate II: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm9lx_yf0JSDPLwTQwLXNw
- Parkour Disciples -Barcelona Trip ft. Andre & Yannick: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3TDKSU5_niM8G0MAiXDHGw
- Team PHAT – UK’s BEST PARKOUR PARK!: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe3IReZbZiISvYu0JY5d7BQ
- Renae Dambly – Feb. 2020 Training: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6-S_GbAoubLJQSZYPU9VPA
- Dom Tomato – ‘It gets better with age’ May 2020: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3jXR-xcjcf9UTkL-tcg3xw
- Harrison Fernandez: @Harrisonfernandez
©World of Parkour 2020